The blogger in me is still alive :). Just got a mail from Guy Kawasaki as a reply for an interview request and was going through his blog after some real long time. I got this link for his blog http://www.mppcfamily.org/app/w_page.php?id=49&type=section (Warning: A spiritual website, please don’t visit if you think you are not spiritual 🙂 ). I heard some minutes and I thought of recommending it to others. Don’t worry, its not going to hurt you :).
These days I am working on http://www.SEOforClients.com, will explain more about it in a week time. I was searching inside me and asking me this question again and again, “What the hell I want to do in my life?” (Dare you ask anyone else, you will get all philosophical talks, ask yourself the simple way and keep asking). I am almost there (I think I am almost there), will let you know. Concerning Spirituality, we have made spirituality too scary for many (As we offer the strongest drinks, “Don’t do any evil or you will go to hell“). Every time I talk to a non spiritual man about spirituality, I feel comfortable but when I talk to a spiritual person (few exceptions are there) about the same, I feel a little scared of hitting the wrong toe. I am scared of people who are taught spirituality by others but I have so much respect for people who have learned spirituality, from their own experiences and other’s experiences.
According to me, spirituality is a lot different and amazingly attractive. I don’t see it to be boring. It becomes boring when it becomes a religion, a community affair, a ritual. I am a Christan and I strongly believe in the teachings and the law but I don’t forget to check the context of the content. At http://mysoul.in/, I did say (and I repeat it here) that “At times we feel that spirituality is boring and only for some but in reality, we all are born with great level of spirituality. Spirituality is very personal according to me”.
I thought of writing very little but the hands are moving really fast, in this last para I will share some of the things I learned from Bible that changed (and is changing) my life in amazingly positive way:
- Don’t judge others: (Matt 7:1-3)
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?” I have realized that at many times we judge others with the very little information we have. I keep using this sentence in my professional life (esp during interview rejections), “I am no one to judge you whether you are good or bad but just based on the interview I feel, its completely my personal opinion, may not be right, that currently there are better candidates available for this job profile. So, I am saying a no to you. I again repeat, that its not how good you are but how better you were in this current competition for the current profile. Thanks.”. At times we need to take a decision but there are many many occasions where we sit of the Judge’s chair unnecessarily.
- Forgive and you will be forgiven: (Luke 6:37) – Spirituality is a lot more about sacrifice. I feel you can’t forgive without a sacrifice. Someone pushes you out of the queue and takes the taxi. You deserved it, you should have got it but ……. Even if you shout at the person, its all legal and accepted. But forgiving needs a lot more, it needs to be practiced. From my experience I can tell you that I feel a lot better when I smile at the person and say, “Ok! May God bless you. I will take the next cab”. I am selfish and I forgive as I feel better 🙂 and it allows me to focus on better things in life.
- Hey we are all different: (Romans 14:15) “If your brother is distressed because of what you eat, you are no longer acting in love. Do not by your eating destroy your brother for whom Christ died.” I think I haven’t read any powerful message than this about spirituality. It needs a whole new post to describe this.
- There is a God and it is not you. God came to love and give life, not to destroy you 🙂 (John 3:16) – “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,[a] that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life”
- Its not about perfection but the journey towards it.
- Lets not do good for rewards but do good as it is good. (Reaching this level is a dream for all of us. I don’t want to do good to go to heaven but I want to do good as it is good.)
- Spirituality can’t be taught but it can be learned.
- Anything that doesn’t change you from inside is just an attempt that hasn’t produced the desired result. Try again. (If by going to Church, you haven’t changed yourself from inside then go again and again till you don’t change yourself from inside. Going to Church and changing yourself from inside, both go hand in hand and is more important when taken together)
Ok, enough! I am just too simple to share advance thoughts on spirituality. You might like to visit http://www.mppcfamily.org/app/w_page.php?id=49&type=section at times. Have a very safe and blessed week. Do let us know if you have any prayer request (I believe in praying, register and put your prayer request or even feel free to drop an email.) Thanks.