Who should read this: Though it’s title is guruji.com but it is a small analysis of Search engine working. Anyone who is interested in search engine optimization can analyze it and understand SEs working. Small keyphrases and small data sample give bigger clues. Interesting factor is DMOZ listing and Content value. If you want me to do something with the sites let me know I may do it to help you analyse.
I was contacted to review guruji.com supposedly an Indian replacement for Google.
Here is my small analysis for different search engines,
I searched for “aji issac” and it gave me www.idealwebtools.com/blog/ and idealwebtools.com as first 2 results. It doesn’t have 0catch site in top 10.
www.ajiissac.0catch.com and www.ajiissac.0catch.com/Aji.html followed by idealwebtools.com blog and all my other articles.
idealwebtools.com above idealwebtools.com/blog/ and then some forum topics followed by one blog aimk.wordpress.com where my name is only mentioned once. Many other topics where my name is only mentioned once.
idealwebtools.com , no blog URL in top 10, followed by ajiissac.0catch.com
No Trace of idealwebtools.com and have all the blogspot blogs where my name is only mentioned once (blogroll).
What did I expect?
I expected idealwebtools.com/blog/ to be at #1 followed by idealwebtools.com domain and then forums and articles from other sites. Also in between 0catch and ajiissac.blogspot can also be adjusted. I am active on idealwebtools.com blogs for over 1 year and I have not touched 0catch for almost 3 years now. I did some keyword optimization on 0catch as those were my early days of SEO.
- Google is very intelligent it checks the traffic, activity, content is not than important as that on links, what ever has more links is on top. Active status is also helping it. 0catch a keyword rich site is not in top 20 says it all.
- Yahoo believes in Content as it value content over anything else. 0catch is on top which does not have even one visitor in a month and hardly any links.
- MSN gives value to main domain over internal pages, idealwebtools.com coming before idealwebtools.com/blog is surprising. Rest is low quality forum pages for me, I do not know why is it ranking.
- Ask have no blog URL, very surprising. It does not value links at all, it focuses on content and keywords.
- Guruji needs to improve it is just showing all the links from blogspot, is it a blog search. Very surprising, they need to improve a lot.
I think I should spent some time and do a better analysis as I know what I did with all these sites. Also I know that there is no Aji Issac who has a better online presence. You too can do some analysis and put your expert views here.