I am getting few messages on forgiveness day! Happy forgiveness day to everyone! Forgive others not because they will gain anything but for yourself as you will gain a lot in long run.
It is difficult to teach about forgiveness in corporate life. Somebody cheated me, why should I forgive him? That guy, he did that purposefully, why I should I forgive him? Remember, he shouted at me, it was so humiliating, I will never forgive him. All of it is true, there is no true visible benefits of forgiveness. I like the sentence which says
Cast your bread upon the waters, for after many days you will find it again.
– http://bible.cc/ecclesiastes/11-1.htm, I think this is one of the greatest messages from my religion to me. The long term benefits of forgiveness. Even when you and I can’t see the short terms benefits, there are many long term benefits.
Ephesians 4:26 (NKJV) says “Be angry but do not sin”: do not let the sun go down on your wrath,
This is so powerful message. When we see wrong, we do go angry and it is very nature of US and IT is OK TO BE A NORMAL PERSON. The catch here is not to carry the anger for more than a day, forgive and move on. Sometimes forgiving is like putting water on a spark, the spark which if neglected can burn your house. In my personal life, it has helped me a lot:
- Forgiving helped me discover better part of others.
- Forgiving helped me focus on better things than wasting my time and life on something that is bad for both the parties.
- Forgiving helped me feel good esp when you see others are happy because of it.
- Forgiving helped me make my world better. Generally your world is much smaller than you think. It consists of people whom you meet almost every day or now n then. If we keep hating some of these people then we are making our world a little bad to life in.
- It helps me in innovation 🙂 as I can focus on things I love than things I hate, a big thing for me.
(Chulbul Pandey Vs Makhi Pandey, the Dabang fans know it :))
So go ahead, forgive, move on in life.
“bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.” as said in http://bible.cc/luke/6-28.htm.
Happy Forgiveness day!