Last Sunday was quite special, it was a pre-valentine day (and next Sunday is “what after valentine”) and the speaker talked about “Valentine day” (You can also read the chapter talking about Love and the whole book by Solomon). So what is it all about? Love? Gifts? Proposing? Expectations? or just a buzzyy?? Who careesssssss, let no other person defines what it means to you but you, you alone.
|Where is love :)?|
When I wrote “Oh valentine! Oh love! Oh you lover”, I wanted to write about what love is. Here I am talking about love between an Adam and an Eve. The love between adams and eves are special as it is one which comes with a lot of choices when compared to parental or sibling love with one option. You are free to choose your lover (oh really!). You build a lot of expectation around this love line and almost make it over fictionalized. Still it is a special one, gifted to you by chance but it is your responsibly to work it out well till the end, so here I go:
- is a feeling: You can’t always express it in words, it is something you feel. “Are you in love?” is sometimes the most difficult question thrown at you. Verbal communication is also important but not a must (esp for Indian culture). The eyes says it all. The touch communicates it deeper and the separation(explained deep missing) explains all. You can take this valentine’s day and say it in your special way, “I love you! I really do“.
- is always one sided: When you love someone, it starts as one sided only. All the FOSLA members can redefine their clubs.
- is a little deeper than liking: I may start linking something about a person but to love that person it goes a little deeper. Love sometimes (most of the times) starts by getting attracted to something you like but it doesn’t stop there. It was just a beginning of something wonderful.
- is a COMMITMENT: Oh this is my favorite one. Love can start by chance but you cant stay in love by chance, it has to be, by choice, by commitment. Love is very strong but the lovers need to reach closer to true love with every moment, every step. Every fight makes it stronger, every dinner together renews it.
- is selfless: I don’t matter in love, it is more about your love and then we.
- is great understanding: It stands on understanding. I like this quote, “Sometimes love ain’t nothing but a misunderstanding between two well understood fools”.
- is strength: It gives you a lot of strength and IT IS TRUTH. When you are in love, don’t be afraid, just stand firm and say I am in love.
- is change: It brings a lot of changes in you. You start changing yourself to make the feeling grow and stay.
- is sacrificial: I don’t want to use the word sacrifice, I still want to say the word commitment and responsibility. You leave something, you change something but all is for good. You can still leave everything to make your love happy.
- is not for intelligent people: They can never understand these feelings, its ROI and the whole purpose of it. So never ever try to explain an intelligent person what love is and probably you wont have to explain it to a fool who ever been in love as he/she will understand through your eyes.
- is NOT COMPETITIVE: hell with those who says, see what his lover did or her lover did. You don’t want to buy a gift so that others can see and your social points for being a lover increases. I will choose to be a fool in front of the society to be the smartest guy for my love.
- is Open: There is nothing that one need to hide. You can feel very comfortable is saying, “Honey! I messed it up, Sorry”. Don’t lie but accept the faults :).
I wanted to write a lot about it but I need to reach office before the day starts shining really hard. I will conclude the part 1 of the series by calling LOVE A NON-SPREADSHEETAL. Love never keeps an account of bad things, it keeps erasing everything bad from your books/spreadsheets. “That day you said this”, “year and a half past since you said a sorry” and so on. Don’t keep an account of your love activities, let is flow smooth. Don’t define, don’t plan, don’t copy but just be honestly-committed-oneSidedly-selflessly in love.
HAPPY VALentine Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Some relevant recent blog posts I read:
- 10 simple and frugal ideas to spend Valentine’s day – Good posts, spend wisely.
My Next post can be:
In love there is Honeymoon period and sometimes sun stoke periods too.